Is Anastasia Beverly Hills Vegan?
Is Anastasia makeup vegan? No, not all ABH products are vegan as some of the brand’s makeup range contain ingredients derived from animals or animal by-products, and some of their makeup brushes are made with animal hair which means they are not vegan.
Is Anastasia Beverly Hills Vegan and Cruelty-free?
Anastasia Beverly Hills does not test their products on animals which makes them “cruelty-free”, however, they are not vegan.
Anastasia Beverly Hills vegan products list
We’ve sorted the Anastasia Beverly Hills range of makeup and makeup brushes into lists of vegan and non-vegan. To search for the product you are after, hit Command, then F to search the page for either products, or ingredients.
Please check on the ABH website as well as the product packaging for the full list of ingredients before purchasing as they are subject to change.
|Vegan Brow Products||Vegan Makeup Products||Vegan Makeup Brushes & Tools||ABH Products That Are Not Vegan||Non-Vegan Liquid Lipsticks|
|Brow Kit||Blush Kit | Gradient||A1 Pro Brush | Flat Definer Brush||A10 Pro Brush | Diffuser Brush||American Doll|
|Brow Powder Duo||Blush Trio | all shades||A2 Pro Brush | Precise Concealer Brush||A12 Pro Brush | Small Contour Brush||Dusty Rose|
|Brow Primer||Contour Cream Kit | all shades||A3 Pro Brush | Firm Shader Brush||A13 Pro Brush | Medium Shader Brush||Heathers|
|Brow Pro Palette||Coral Crush Liquid Lipstick Set||A4 Pro Brush | Cream Shadow Brush||A14 Pro Brush | Pencil Brush||Pure Hollywood|
|Brow Wiz||Dewy Set Setting Spray||A5 Pro Brush | Small Blending Brush||A16 Pro Brush | Large Shadow Brush||Sarafine|
|Clear Brow Gel||Eye Primer||A6 Pro Brush | Buff And Blend Brush||A18 Pro Brush | Angled Chiseler Brush||Trust Issues|
|Dipbrow Pomade||Eyeshadow Singles | Amber, Aqua, Brownie, Chai, Chiffon, Chocolate Crumble, Comfort, Deep Brown, Emerald, Fresh Green, Glisten, Gold Rush, Metallic, Peach Sorbet, Prussian Blue, Stone, Teal Shimmer, Victorian, Vermeer||A7 Pro Brush | Large Blending Brush||A19 Pro Brush | Blush Brush||Veronica|
|Perfect Brow Pencil||False Lashes | all styles||A26 Pro Brush | Crease Blending Brush||A20 Pro Brush | Large Powder Brush||Vintage|
|Pro Pencil||Glitter Adhesive||A27 Pro Brush | Small Firm Shader Brush||A22 Pro Brush | Pointed Cheek Brush||Sepia|
|Tinted Brow Gel (except Auburn)||Glow Kit | Aurora, Dream, Moonchild, Nicole Guerriero, That Glow, Sun Dipped, Sweets, Sugar, Ultimate Glow||A28 Pro Brush | Precise Eyeliner Brush|
A23 Pro Brush | Large Tapered Blending Brush
|Halloween Loose Glitter | all shades||A30 Pro Brush | Domed Kabuki Brush||A24 Pro Brush | Medium Shadow Brush|
|Halloween Loose Glitter Launch Edition||Brush 3 | Liner Brush||A25 Pro Brush | Tapered Blending Brush|
|Hydrating Oil||Brush 7B | Dual-Ended Angled Brush||Alyssa Edwards Eyeshadow Palette|
|Illuminator | Riviera||Brush 12 | Dual-Ended Firm Angled Brush||Brow Definer|
|Lip Gloss | all shades||Brush 15 | Mini Angled Brush||Brush 14 | Dual-Ended Firm Detail Brush|
|Lip Palette||Brush 18 | Precise Conceal Brush||Carli Bybel Eyeshadow Palette|
|Lip Primer||Brush 20 | Dual-Ended Flat Detail Brush||Darkside Waterproof Gel Liner|
|Liquid Glow | all shades||Precision Tweezers||Daytime Collection Eyeshadow Palette|
|Liquid Liner||Scissors||Daytime Set, The|
|Liquid Lipstick | most shade||Sharpener||Dipbrow Gel|
|Loose Glitter | all shades||Stencils||Jackie Aina Eyeshadow Palette|
|Loose Highlighter | all shades||Swish Liner Brush||Highlighting Duo Pencil|
Loose Highlighter Fall Launch Edition
|Mini Norvina Pro Pigment Palette Vol. 1|
Loose Highlighters Spring Launch Edition
|Mini Norvina Pro Pigment Palette Vol. 2|
|Loose Pigment | all shades||Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette|
|Loose Pigment Launch Edition||Norvina Eyeshadow Palette|
|Loose Setting Powder | all shades||Powder Duo (Holiday 2019)|
|Love Loose Glitter | all shades||Riviera Eyeshadow Palette|
|Luminous Foundation | all shades||Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette|
|Matte Lipstick | all shades||Subculture Eyeshadow Palette|
|Mini Liquid Lipstick 3-Piece Set||Sunset Collection Eyeshadow Palette|
Mini Matte Lipstick 4-Piece Set | Pinks & Berries
|Sunset Set, The|
|Mini Matte Lipstick 6-Piece Set||Sultry Eyeshadow Palette|
|Mini Matte Lipstick Set||Tinted Brow Gel in Auburn|
Mini Metallic Liquid Lipstick 3-Piece Set
|Norvina Glitter Launch Edition | Pink|
Norvina Glitter Launch Edition | Purple
|Norvina Loose Glitter | all shades|
|Norvina Pro Pigment Palette Vol. 1|
|Norvina Pro Pigment Palette Vol. 2|
|Norvina Pro Pigment Palette Vol. 3|
|Powder Bronzer | all shades|
|Powder Contour Kit | all shades|
|Pro Pencil | all shades|
|Stick Foundation | all shades|
|Waterproof Creme Color | all shades|
Non-Vegan Eyeshadow Singles
Non-Vegan Eyeshadow Singles
|10K||Chocolate||Golden Copper||Penny Metal||Topaz|
|Aubergine||Cognac||Henna||Pink Champagne||Touch of Lilac|
|Baby Cakes||Custard||Hot Chocolate||Pose||Truffle|
|Ballet||Custom||Iridescent Purple||Red Earth||Truffle Glitter|
|Beauty Mark||Dark Chocolate Shimmer||Labyrinth||Rose||Vanilla|
|Belize||Deep Plum||Legend||Rose Gold||Venice|
|Bengal||Denim Smokey||Love Letter||Rosette||Violet|
|Blushing||Fresh||Night Sky||Soft Peach|
|Buon Fresco||Gem||Not Today||Suede|
|Burnt Orange||Gemstone||Orange Soda|
Surface of the Sun
|Caramel||Gold Bar||Party Dress||Tiger’s Eye|
List of non-vegan ingredients in cosmetics
The list below is not exhaustive, however, we have done our best to include many of the common cosmetic ingredients derived from animals. Most of them have plant-derived alternatives which means that a product that contains a certain ingredient may or may not be vegan.
To find out whether the product you are interested in has an ingredient that comes from a plant, animal, or synthetic origin, it is always best to contact the brand/manufacturer directly.
Non-vegan makeup ingredients:
- Adrenaline: An adrenal hormone from the glands of pigs, sheep, and cattle.
- Alanine: An amino acid.
- Albumen (Albumin): From eggs, milk, and animal tissue like muscle.
- Allantoin (Alcloxa, Aldioxa): Comes from uric acid from cows. Can also come from plants.
- Alpha-Hydroxy Acids: Acids that can come from both plants and animals.
- Ambergris: Comes from whale intestines.
- Amino Acids: From animal protein. Can also come from plants.
- Aminosuccinate Acid: From Aspartic Acid.
- Animal Fats and Oils: Fat from animals.
- Animal Hair: Hair or fur from animals like mink, goat, pony.
- Arachidonic Acid: A fatty acid that comes from animal fat. Can also come from plants.
- Arachidyl Proprionate: Wax derived from animal fat. Can also come from plants.
- Bee Pollen: Comes from bees.
- Beeswax and Honeycomb (Cera Flava): Made by bees.
- Biotin (Vitamin H, Vitamin B Factor): Can come from milk as well as plants.
- Boar Bristles (Brushes): Hair from hogs.
- Bone Meal (supplements or toothpaste): Animal bones.
- Caprylic Acid (Caprylamine Oxide, Capryl Betaine, Caprylic Triglyceride): From animal milk. Can also come from plant oils.
- Carmine. (Cochineal, Carminic Acid): From crushed cochineal insect.
- Carotene (Provitamin A, Beta Carotene): Can come from both plants and animals.
- Casein (Caseinate, Sodium Caseinate): From milk. Can also come from plants like soy.
- Castor (Castoreum): Comes from animal genitals. Can also be produced synthetically.
- Cerebrosides: Fatty acids that can come from both plants and animals.
- Cetyl Alcohol (Cetyl Palmitate, Spermaceti): Can come from whales and dolphins as well as plants.
- Chitosan: From crustacean shells. Can also come from fruits and vegetables.
- Cholesterol: Can come from animal fats, lanolin, as well as plants.
- Civet: From the genitals of civet cats. Can also be synthetic.
- Cod Liver Oil: From the livers of fish.
- Collagen: From animal tissue. Can also come from plants.
- Colors, Dyes (FD&C Colors): Pigments from plants, animals, and synthetic sources.
- Cortisone (Corticosteroid): Normally synthetic. Can come from animal sources.
- Cysteine (L-Form): Amino acid from animal hair. Can also come from plants.
- Cystine: Amino acid from urine and horsehair. Can also come from plants.
- Egg Protein: Protein from an egg.
- Elastin: From animal tissues. Can come in synthetic forms.
- Emu Oil: Oil from the Australian bird the Emu.
- Estrogen and Estradiol: Hormones made from horse urine. Can also be synthetic.
- Fats: Often from animal fates. Can also come from plants.
- Fatty Acids (Lauric, Myristic, Oleic, Palmitic, Stearic, Polysorbates): Can come from plants and animals.
- Fish Liver Oil: From the livers of fish.
- Fish Oil: From fish.
- Fish Scales: Scales from fish.
- Gelatin (Gel): Protein that comes from animals.
- Glycerin (Glycerol, Glycreth-26, Glyceryls, Glycerides, Diglycerides, Monoglycerides, Polyglycerol): From both animal and plant fat.
- Guanine (Pearl Essence): From fish scales.
- Hide Glue: A form of gelatin.
- Honey: Made by bees.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Protein from both plants and animals.
- Hydrocortisone: Cortisone.
- Insulin: From animal pancreas. Can also be made synthetically.
- Isinglass: Gelatin from fish.
- Isopropyl Palmitate: From stearic acid and palmitic acid.
- Keratin (Feathers, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein): From feathers, quills, horns, hooves, and hair of various animals.
- Lactic Acid (Sodium Steroyl Lactylate): Can come from plants. Also comes from milk and animal tissue.
- Lactose: From milk.
- Lanolin (Lanolin Alcohol, Lanosterols, Cholesterin, Amerchol L101, Lanolin Acids. Wool Fat. Wool Wax, Aliphatic Alcohol, Isopropyl Lanolate, Laneth, Lanogene, Triterpene Alcohols): From wool.
- Lard: Fat from animals.
- Lecithin (Choline Bitartrate Choline Bitartrate): Can come from animal tissue, eggs, and plants.
- Lipase: Enzyme from animals.
- Lipoids. Lipids: Fat from both animals and plants.
- Marine Oil: Comes from fish and marine mammals.
- Methionine: Amino acid from milk and eggs.
- Milk Protein: From milk.
- Mink Oil: From minks.
- Musk Oil: From animal genitals.
- Myristic Acid (Myristal Ether Sulfate, Myristyls, Oleyl Myristate): Acid from plants and animals.
- Nucleic Acids: From both plants and animals.
- Octyl Dodecanol: Stearyl Alcohol.
- Oleic Acid (Oleyl Oleate, Oleyl Stearate): From animal and plant fats.
- Oleyl Alcohol (Ocenol, Oleths, Oleyl Arachidate, Oleyl Imidazoline): From fish oils.
- Palmitic Acid (Palmitate, Palmitamine, Palmitamide): A fatty acid derived from palm oil. Can also come from animals.
- Panthenol (Dexpanthenol, Dexpanthenol Vitamin B-Complex Factor, Provitamin B-5, Panthenyl): Can come from plants and animals.
- Pepsin: From animal stomachs.
- Placenta (Afterbirth, Placenta Polypeptides Protein): From animals.
- Polypeptides: Proteins from animals.
- Pristane: From whales and sharks.
- Progesterone: Can come from both plants and animals.
- Propolis: Sap gathered by bees.
- Rennet (Rennin): Enzyme from animal stomachs.
- Retinol: Can come from both plants and animals.
- RNA (Ribonucleic Acid): Can come from both animal and plant cells.
- Royal Jelly: From the glands of honeybees.
- Sea Turtle Oil: Oil from turtles.
- Shark Liver Oil: Oil from sharks.
- Shellac (Resinous Glaze): From insects.
- Silk (Silk Powder): A fiber made by silkworms.
- Snails: From snails.
- Spermaceti (Cetyl Palmitate, Sperm Oil): From petroleum. Can also come from whales and dolphins.
- Sponge (Luna, Sea Sponge): Sea animal.
- Squalene (Squalane): Oil from sharks. Can also come from plants.
- Stearic Acid (Stearamide, Stearyl Imidazoline, Stearyl Betaine, Stearamine, Stearamine Oxide, Stearates, Stearic Hydrazide, Stearone, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearoyl Lactylic Acid, Stearyl Acetate, Dimethyl Stearamine): Comes from animal fats. Can also come from plants.
- Stearyl Alcohol (Sterols, Stearyl Caprylate, Stearyl Citrate, Stearyldimethyl Amine, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Stearyl Heptanoate, Stearyl Octanoate, Stearyl Stearate, Stearamine Oxide, Stearyl Acetate, Stearyl Caprylate): Solid alcohols.
- Steroids (Sterols): From animal glands or from plants.
- Tallow (Tallow Fatty Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Tallow Acid, Tallow Amide, Tallow Amine, Talloweth-6, Tallow Glycerides, Tallow Imidazoline): Animal fat.
- Turtle Oil. Sea Turtle Oil: Comes from sea turtles.
- Tyrosine (Glucose Tyrosinase): Can be synthetic, come from milk, or from plants.
- Urea (Uric Acid, Carbamide, Imidazolidinyl Urea): Can be synthetic, or come from animal urine.
- Vitamin A (Aliphatic Alcohol, Carotene, Retinol): From fish liver oil, shark liver oil, butter, eggs, and plants.
- Vitamin B12: Can come from animals as well as bacteria.
- Vitamin D (Calciferol, Ergocalciferol, Vitamin D2, Ergosterol, Provitamin D2,): Can come from fish liver, egg, milk, animal sources. Can also come from plants.
- Vitamin H: From biotin.
- Wax: Can come from both plants and animals.
- Whey: From milk.
- Wool: From sheep wool.
- Wool Fat: From lanolin.
- Wool Wax: From lanolin.
For a full list of cruelty-free brands, click here.